Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love, Respect & Honor

Farewell Grandpa Adams!!!!! I loved you so much.

My grandpa passed away in March. I was so close to him. He has called me THUMPER as far back as my memory takes me.

He took me on all my fishing trips. He taught me to love geology through his enthusiasm. He is the major contributor in my love for history. Although I never told him while he was here on earth, his
influence on my life is profound. I should have said that while I
had the chance, I know it would have made him proud.

Maybe one of the reasons I felt so close to him was because he is
such a likeness to my father. They were big strong intimidating
teddie bears. I know my father is the Noble man that he is
because of his dad.


My grandpa had taken care of his mother since he was a child,
it was just the two of them. He worked to earn enough
money to buy her a sewing machine by the time he was 12. He
worked and supported them both as well as my grandma and her
widowed mother. All this he did without complaint, and full of love.
He was fiercely devoted to family.

There wasn't a person that met him that didn't love him. He was
the strength of the Adams Family. I will be forever grateful to
Heavenly Father for placing me with this wonderful family, and I
know He is pleased with my Grandpa, and I know my grandpa is
overjoyed to be counted as worthy among His children.

His simple rules to life's success were:
  • Don't run away from your fears
  • Don't run away from your responsibilities
  • Never run away from a fight
  • Have pride in who you are and what you do
  • Take personal responsibility for your actions
  • Your word is your bond
  • always maintain your integrity



  • JAMES ALLEN ADAMS

    December 20, 1928 - March 29, 2009















    3 comments:

    Bita said...

    I'm so sorry your Opi passed away. I'm sending you my love. I never got to meet either one of my Opis. You're very fortunate you had him in you life!

    Love you. xox

    Tera said...

    I'm so sorry for your loss. There is nothing that can take the place of a beloved grandparent.

    Halo BW said...

    I'm so sorry for your loss..

    https://www.cekaja.com/info/tujuan-wisata-wajib-dikunjungi-tahun-2020